Monday 15 July 2013

How to make a set of Vietnamese dishes for special events or occasions

Hi guys!!
It has been a while since I uploaded my last post. :-s I was too busy with my final exams and assignments and could not update my blog recently. My friends reminded me today about my blog and asked me what dishes Vietnamese people often make in special event or occasion such as Lunar New Year. So I decided to publish another post about this topic.

There are lots of special occasions (events) in Vietnam such as Lunar New Year, Mid-Autumn Festivals and so on. In these occasions, people often make set of Vietnamese traditional dishes for party (if it is a big party, it would include around 10 people/table; 5 tables/party). In this post, I will be talking about what normally included in one party set (table).
As Vietnamese foods are considered to be pretty healthy, in each meal, they often include a combination of vegetables, rice, and meat dishes. For example, in a small family evens, you would see deep fried spring rolls, steamed meat (or chicken), steamed vegetables, pork bone soup or potatoes soup , and one or two other fried meat mixed with vegetables.
Down here is an example of a small party for special event in family. It includes: fish soup, deep fried fish, fried beef mixed with vegetables and steamed shrimp with green onion. These are served with steamed rice.

As you could see, instead of BBQ party with a lot of meat, less vegetables and no starch (which Western people often choose when they have party); in this Vietnamese meal, you could get lots more vitamins, protein as well as other nutrition which makes it a much healthier meal.
That is how even in special events, Vietnamese foods still being a good choice for healthy diet.
I hope you guys like it

No comments:

Post a Comment